[Haskell-cafe] OpenGL Linking Issue

Mark Spezzano mark.spezzano at chariot.net.au
Wed Mar 18 02:38:44 EDT 2009

I hope I’m posting to the right forum.

I’ve got OpenGL up and running on my Windows Vista machine (finally!) and it
runs perfectly well under Eclipse, bringing up a window with a rendered
image as expected.

The only issue starts when I try to compile the program without Eclipse
(using GHC rather than GHCi like Eclipse does).

I type:

C:\Users\Mark\workspace2\OpenGLPractice\src>ghc --make Test1.hs

And get the following output

Linking Test1.exe ...

o):fake:(.text+0xcc): undefined reference to `glutGetProcAddress at 4'

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

What’s happening here? Obviously it’s a linking issue, but I was wondering
whether I need to include some library or file or option to ghc so that it
links correctly.

Mark Spezzano

Checked by AVG.
4:25 PM