[Haskell-cafe] Re: Haskell Logo Voting has started!

Rick R rick.richardson at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 11:33:54 EDT 2009

And we thought butterfly ballots were bad.

I just went through the logo page and wrote down my favorite 20 logos in one
column, and gave them a rank in the other. Then translated that into the
voting list using the combo boxes (not the buttons).  The total process took
20 minutes.

I am on FF3 on windows and didn't notice any reordering aside the
(un?)expected reordering by rank.

On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 12:12 AM, Robin Green <greenrd at greenrd.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 17 Mar 2009 16:11:54 +0100
> Thomas Davie <tom.davie at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I have to agree that the UI for voting is not the best I've ever
> > seen.  On the other hand, it's pretty easy to select the few logos
> > that you like, and push them all to the top, select the ones you'd
> > accept, and push them up just below, and finally select the ones you
> > absolutely don't like and push them all the way down.
> >
> > That at least is what I did.
>
> Did you check that code bugs hadn't reordered your votes? I am worried
> about this destroying the validity of the election.
> --
> Robin

We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we
created them.
   - A. Einstein