[Haskell-cafe] Visualising the Hierarchical Namespace

Manlio Perillo manlio_perillo at libero.it
Mon Mar 16 14:33:22 EDT 2009

Don Stewart ha scritto:
> manlio_perillo:
>> Don Stewart ha scritto:
>>> I've just finished a post (and quick tool) for graphing the complete
>>> module namespace of Haskell, taken from the core libraries and all of
>>> Hackage.
>>>
>>> It's quite large:
>>>
>>>     http://donsbot.wordpress.com/2009/03/16/visualising-the-haskell-universe/
>> Just a note: isn't it time to switch to SVG images?
>> All that PNG images are pretty "useless", they are too small.
>>

> All the .svg's are linked at the bottom.
>
> Note: they will break your browser

FF handle them quite well.

The problem is that there is too much informations :).

By the way: in the SVG files there is a lot of redundant informations.
Graphviz should realy use CSS instead of SVG presentation attributes.

Using CSS to factor out common style should reduce image size a lot.
I would like to see a Graphics package for Haskell, based on
SVG/libVG/Cairo/PDF imaging model.

Manlio