[Haskell-cafe] Re: Uploading files to the wiki

Ashley Yakeley ashley at semantic.org
Mon Mar 16 04:36:26 EDT 2009

Wouter Swierstra wrote:
> I can't manage to upload files to the Haskell wiki. I've tried different
> browsers, different internet connections, different machines, different
> operating systems, and different user accounts - all without success. Is
> this a new anti-spam measure?
>
> This is slightly annoying. I was looking to release the next
> Monad.Reader on the wiki. Thanks for any advice,

It turns out that both PHP and Apache have limits on file uploads. The
PHP limit was set to 2MiB, and there was also a PHP-specific Apache
configuration that limited POSTs to 0.5MiB. So Apache responded to this
upload with a 413 error. MediaWiki (perhaps wisely) does not add its own
upload limit, though it does issue a warning confirmation for files
bigger than 150KiB.

I've set both limits to 20MiB, and switched off MediaWiki's warning.
I've uploaded Wouter's file to [[Image:TMR-Issue13.pdf]].

--
Ashley Yakeley