[Haskell-cafe] big discussion about Haskell on Reddit

Don Stewart dons at galois.com
Sun Mar 15 18:11:01 EDT 2009

fft1976:
> I noticed that on Programming Reddit, where I lurk, there is a big
> discussion about the disconnect between how much Haskell is advocated
> there and the number of applications written in it.
>
> http://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/84sqt/dear_reddit_i_am_seeing_12_articles_in/
>
> The difficulty of reasoning about memory and CPU-efficiency in
> nontrivial programs was suggested as an explanation.

As well as a million other crazy things, sadly.

Reminds me of:

    http://xkcd.com/386/

Just to cheer people up, there are now 1124 packages on
hackage.haskell.org, and on average ~10 releases of Haskell apps and
libs are happening each day:

    http://galois.com/~dons/images/hackage-daily-graph.png

-- Don (goes back to writing some code)