[Haskell-cafe] How to catch error in array index when debugging

Colin Paul Adams colin at colina.demon.co.uk
Sun Mar 15 03:21:57 EDT 2009

    Claus> None of which is satisfactory. You might also want to add
    Claus> yourself to this ticket:
    >>
    Claus> "index out of range" error message regression
    Claus> http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/2669
    >>
    >> How do I do that?

    Claus> Ghc Trac's idea of voting is by adding yourself to the cc,
    Claus> so that tickets can be sorted by length of cc list:

I was asking specifically how I add myself to the CC list. There is no
button to do so.
There is a CC text field, but last time I typed my name there, it
ERASED the previous member of the CC list.

Rather than a wrapper, I coded an assert, and added it in all the
places where I used (!). That was no fun. It did identify the calling
function, but that doesn't tell me anything very interesting. I now
have to repeat the process for all the callers of that function, which
is no joke.
--
Colin Adams
Preston Lancashire