[Haskell-cafe] Re: Alternative to Data.Binary

Achim Schneider barsoap at web.de
Sat Mar 14 15:27:00 EDT 2009

Grzegorz Chrupala <grzegorz.chrupala at computing.dcu.ie> wrote:

> Hi all,
> Is there a serialization library other than the Data.Binary from
> hackage?
There are Iteratees[1]. They're still grok-in-process___ community-wise
They are (afaik) currently only used for file input, though it's
certainly possible to enumerate a data structure and have an iteratee
do the output.

Hmmm. Output-iteratees are a very, very, interesting thing to think
about. [3]

Anyway, they'd almost certainly annihilate all your worries about
resource usage.

[1] The original:
    Cabalised and improved (e.g. seek performance, identifier
    Monadic Regions[2] might shed some light on Oleg's train of thought
    regarding all this
[2] http://www.cs.rutgers.edu/~ccshan/capability/region-io.pdf
[3] Which is just another way of saying "I'd rather shut up now, let me
    try it first"