[Haskell-cafe] How to get a typed (type tagged) AST from GHC's core [Was: Dynamically typing TH.Exp at runtime]

Matthijs Kooijman matthijs at stdin.nl
Fri Mar 13 12:51:07 EDT 2009

Hi Martin,

> Could anybody tell me, where to start in the ghc-api? It's pretty hard,
> when you don't know where to look. Hoogle doesn't know anything about
> it. I found following DT describing the core language, but as far as I
> see, there are no type in there either.
I've been working on parsing core in the past few months. For an example, look
here:
  http://git.stderr.nl/gitweb?p=matthijs/projects/fhdl.git;a=blob;f=Translator.hs;h=8072f85925ad1238

The loadModule and findBind functions are interesting. As for iterating the
AST, have a look at Flatten.hs.

Good luck, any questions are welcome!

Gr.

Matthijs