[Haskell-cafe] Re: Sugestion for a Haskell mascot

Wolfgang Jeltsch g9ks157k at acme.softbase.org
Fri Mar 13 04:04:40 EDT 2009

Am Donnerstag, 12. März 2009 22:00 schrieb Martijn van Steenbergen:
> Deniz Dogan wrote:
> > Then of course,
> > there's the downside that there's no connection to the language itself
> > in any way.
>
> I usually go for names that don't have to do anything with the
> application itself: GroteTrap (translates to GreatBustard), Yogurt,
> Custard... saves me from having to think of "appropriate" names. :-P

This is basically how I chose the name “Grapefruit” for “my” FRP library.
Okay, it refers to Fruit (a FRP GUI library) but the only further meaning
of “Grapefruit” is that I find Grapefruits to be tasty. :-)  Often people
choose meaningful names and convert them to acronyms, noone can pronounce.

Best wishes,
Wolfgang