[Haskell-cafe] Abuse of the monad [was: monadic logo]

Conal Elliott conal at conal.net
Thu Mar 12 11:25:10 EDT 2009

Thank you Bob!  I'll throw in another 2 cents:

Yes, *one* aspect of Haskell is that it's a power tool for imperative
programming -- a clever way to keep plugging away at the old sequential von
Neumann paradigm.  C++++.

I'd rather we strongly encourage Haskell-newbies toward shifting out of the
imperative paradigm to thinking and programming *functionally*.  It's a big
shift, to make, and imperative-Haskell is a relatively easy substitute.

   - Conal