[Haskell-cafe] QC 2.0 missing some stuff I need

Max Bolingbroke batterseapower at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 11 11:19:41 EDT 2009

Hi John,

I also had this problem when adding a QuickCheck 2 provider to
test-framework (http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/test-framework-quickcheck2).
In the end I had to copy considerable portions of the QuickCheck2 code
into the provider because there seems to be no pure interface at all
:-(. This is especially important for test-framework because it may
use threading to run several tests simultaneously, and you don't
really want output from multiple tests interleaved on the console.

Actually, despite copying a large chunk of QC2 into the provider I
/still/ didn't entirely stop it from writing to the console, so failed
QC2 properties running under test-framework write the arguments to the
properties that demonstrate failure BEFORE the message telling you the
property has failed! Upsetting, but I had to draw the line at copying
code somewhere.

Cheers,
Max