[Haskell-cafe] Logo Preferences

Henning Thielemann lemming at henning-thielemann.de
Mon Mar 9 06:41:47 EDT 2009

On Mon, 9 Mar 2009, Bulat Ziganshin wrote:

> Hello Sebastian,
>
> Monday, March 9, 2009, 1:08:50 PM, you wrote:
>
> i think we should make 2-stage voting, like in F1
>
> after 1st stage we will know which logos are most popular and
> therefore are real candidates, so we can select among them

Sounds reasonable, although I thought that those advanced voting systems
are also intended for avoiding multiple elections. Then again, if both
elections lead to the same ranking at the top, and especially yield the
same top candidate, then this proves the soundness of the method. On the
other hand, a dictatorship would also satisfy this property. Yes, I know,
there was a Nobel Prize about that ...