[Haskell-cafe] Re: derive & Drift - some help please

Alexander Dunlap alexander.dunlap at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 15:42:57 EDT 2009

Well you can do

> deriving instance Typeable LocalType

etc. if you enable the DeriveDataTypeable and StandaloneDeriving
extensions. You will get other error messages for missing instances;
just keep adding

> deriving instance Typeable Day

etc. Eventually, you will need to implement an instance by hand for
Pico, because Pico's data constructors are not exported from
Data.Fixed. I'm not very familiar with Data and Typeable so I can't
help you there, but you can probably look at some existing instances
for help.

Hope that's useful for you.

Alex