[Haskell-cafe] Purely Functional Data Structures

G?uenther Schmidt redcom at fedoms.com
Sat Mar 7 18:13:14 EST 2009

Hi Don,

damn, that was quick!

And thx, I'll look into that. The reading it in wasn't much of a
problem, I had been able to use MS-ODBC for that, there's a driver for
ODBC files. The problem is more the type of data structure I'd be
reading it into. In SQL I would have the data indexed by several
different columns, if I use maps I'd only have one key, so if I need to
lookup data in the map by a value that is not the key the lookups will
become quite expensive.

Any suggestions, what do you do in these cases?

Günther