[Haskell-cafe] Data.Binary stack overflow with Data.Sequence String

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 06:51:35 EST 2009

Hi Gwern,

I get String/Data.Binary issues too. My suggestion would be to change
your strings to ByteString's, serisalise, and then do the reverse
conversion when reading. Interestingly, a String and a ByteString have
identical Data.Binary reps, but in my experiments converting,
including the cost of BS.unpack, makes the reading substantially
cheaper.

Thanks

Neil