Re[Haskell-cafe] [2]: interaction between ghci and cudaBLAS library

Simon Beaumont seb at
Tue Mar 3 10:28:13 EST 2009

Bulat Ziganshin-2 wrote:
> Hello Don,
> Tuesday, March 3, 2009, 5:22:46 AM, you wrote:
>> GHCi doesn't use the threaded runtime though.  So given that:
> Don, afair ghci compiled using threaded runtime since 6.6:
> Prelude> :m Control.Concurrent
> Prelude Control.Concurrent> rtsSupportsBoundThreads
> True

That's what I thought - the problem seems to be with the interaction between
ghci threads (there are four OS threads running on my machine).  I read the
conc-ffi paper by Simon Marlow, Simon Peyton-Jones and Wolfgang Thaller and
whilst that explained the situation regarding bound threads (and indeed how
to ensure running a bunch of actions within the same thread context - which
gave me some hope), I am still no wiser as to what is going on here and how
it can be fixed. It at all.

Sent from the Haskell - Haskell-Cafe mailing list archive at