[Haskell-cafe] interaction between ghci and cudaBLAS library

Don Stewart dons at galois.com
Mon Mar 2 21:22:46 EST 2009

seb:

> Don Stewart-2 wrote:
> >

> > Do you get the same problem in compiled code? (GHCi is generally for
> > exploratory work only).
> >

> if I create an executable run it non-interactively. It works fine:
>
> $ ghc -O2 --make -threaded main.hs cublas.hs -lcublas -L${CUDA}/lib
>
> No matter whether is it compiled or interpreted it blocks in ghci
> (interactively),  the threading option makes no difference in either case.

GHCi doesn't use the threaded runtime though.  So given that:

    "To allow foreign calls to be made without blocking all the Haskell
    threads (with GHC), it is only necessary to use the -threaded option
    when linking your program, and to make sure the foreign import is
    not marked unsafe. "

So I think this is expected?

-- Don