[Haskell-cafe] Re: Left fold enumerator - a real pearl overlooked?

John Lato jwlato at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 05:29:24 EST 2009

Hello,

I'm not sure that I would call it a general-purpose resource
preserving technique.  As I understand it, the general concept is a
means to handle strict data processing in a functional manner.  Any
"resource preserving" that comes from this is actually from the use of
strict IO rather than lazy.  I actually think it's rather like foldl'
compared to foldl.

John