[Haskell-cafe] Darcs or Perforce

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+hs at mega-nerd.com
Sun Mar 1 03:21:22 EST 2009

Colin Paul Adams wrote:

> Any advantages over Perforce?

I have used Bzr, CVS, Darcs, Git, Hg (Mercurial), Perforce and SVN.

While Perforce is definitely better than CVS (anything is better than
CVS), Perforce's client workspace concept is a bad idea for complex
projects (it bit my group of 4 developers time after time).

Compared to the DVCSs above (Bzr, Darcs, Git and Hg) Perforce has
no significant advantages and on significant disadvantage, cost.
Yes I know there is a free as in  beer version, but all of those
others are available under official Open Source licenses.

Erik de Castro Lopo
"Perl as a language has less a design than a thousand special
features flying in close formation."
-- From the c2 wiki