[Haskell-cafe] Leksah works!

jutaro jnf at arcor.de
Tue Jun 30 18:23:30 EDT 2009

Hi David,

david48 wrote:
> I would love to try leksah, but on my machine there a weird bug: I
> can't type a space. When I press the space bar, nothing happens.( it
> writes "CTRL-Space : Start complete" at the bottom though)

Thats indeed strange, as we use standard gtk handling for simple keystrokes.
you expeienced problems with the keyboard with other gtk apps like gedit?
You can take out the line :
<ctrl>space             →           StartComplete   "Initiate complete in a
source buffer"
from the leksah keymap file, but the question remains why a control is send,
when you
simply type a space?

When I look on my Ubuntu machine under
"System/Settings/Keyboard" their are some settings which translates like (I
have a german
installation) "Ctrl key position: Make CapsLock an additional Ctrl" and a
bunch of other options.
Can you investigate in this direction if you have some special settings on
your machine,
as it is a new phenomena for Leksah.