[Haskell-cafe] Re: Reflections on the ICFP 2009 programming contest

Edward Kmett ekmett at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 12:06:10 EDT 2009

The main thing my team implemented in Haskell was a simulator simulator that
took the first two rounds worth of port information and used that to
back into the velocity for each of the satellites. This meant we really only
had to appeal to the actual VM implementation for canonical scoring and to
validate results, which was kind of nice. We implemented the VM itself
independently in python and C to cross-check ourselves and I later put
together a small VM->C compiler once we knew we had the implementation
right.
-Edward Kmett