[Haskell-cafe] Re: BerkeleyDBXML linking problems.

Sebastiaan Visser sfvisser at cs.uu.nl
Tue Jun 30 07:39:09 EDT 2009

(crosspost from haskell-libraries)

Hello all, again.

Meanwhile I've been able to install this package without too much
trouble on a Linux system. Unfortunately MacOSX is still a problem.
Both on Linux and Mac I installed the Berkeley DB and DBXML packages
with `--prefix=/usr' so all include files and libraries end up in a
standard place.

Also both on Linux and Mac I installed the Haskell BerkeleyDB bindings
just with:

   cabal install BerkeleyDB

Because the DBXML include files are installed under /usr/include/dbxml/
*.hpp and the BerkeleyDBXML binding accesses them without this prefix
I did:

   cabal install BerkeleyDBXML --extra-include-dirs=/usr/include/dbxml

On both system installation is not a problem. Compiling the demo
`adventure' included in de bindings distribution works fine on Linux
but fails on MacOSX. The errors are the ones in my previous mail
below. A full hpaste of it can be found here[1].

Any idea where the difference in behaviour comes from on these
platforms and how to fix this? Unfortunately, my knowledge of the c++
toolchain and Haskell FFI bindings using these is _very_ limited.

Thanks,
Sebastiaan

[1] http://www.hpaste.org/fastcgi/hpaste.fcgi/view?id=6389#a6389