[Haskell-cafe] Cabal fun [Half-integer]

Andrew Coppin andrewcoppin at btinternet.com
Sun Jun 28 16:08:18 EDT 2009

Max Rabkin wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 28, 2009 at 9:29 PM, Andrew
> Coppin<andrewcoppin at btinternet.com> wrote:
>
>>> Which versions of base have you tested it with?  :-)
>>>

>> Whichever one GHC 6.10.3 ships with...
>>

> "ghc-pkg list base" will tell you which version you have installed.

Which tells me I have base-3.0.3.1 *and* base-4.1.0.0 ;-)

>> Frankly, I highly doubt it makes any difference either way. (Does anybody
>> know how base3 differs from base4?) It only uses a few type classes from the
>> Prelude...
>>

> If it *only* uses the prelude (i.e., does not include *any* modules),
> then it should work with any version of base.

Yeah, that's what I figured...

Alrighty then, so how I just do Setup configure, and now Setup sdist,
and then I can upload the result to Ha-- oh, don't be silly. That would
simply be too easy. ;-)

E:\Haskell\AOC-HalfInteger>runhaskell Setup sdist
Building source dist for AOC-HalfInteger-1.0...
Preprocessing library AOC-HalfInteger-1.0...
Setup: tar is required but it could not be found.

Time to go search the web and find out what the other 50 people who
stumbled into this did... *sigh*