[Haskell-cafe] Half-integer

Andrew Coppin andrewcoppin at btinternet.com
Sun Jun 28 15:13:38 EDT 2009

Andrew Coppin wrote:
> Deniz Dogan wrote:
>> 2009/6/28 Andrew Coppin <andrewcoppin at btinternet.com>:
>>> Well, it *does* mean I'll have to figure out how Cabal actually
>>> works...
>>>

>> Usually, it's pretty straight-forward and most options are
>> self-explanatory.
>> http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Haskell/Packaging#The_Cabal_file
>>

> Yes, one would *hope* that a 1-module library with no dependencies
> would be fairly trivial. ;-)

Ah, but it's not as easy as you'd think. The instructions above fail to
mention several required or strongly recommended fields. (E.g.,
apparently Category and Synopsis are both required, Cabal-Version is
strongly recommended, several fields are meant to be in the Library
subsection...) And then of course there's the question of choosing a
licence. But I think I'm nearly there now.

Oh, one last thing. I know I'm going to regret this for the rest of my
life, but... which version of Base should it depend on?

> Also Haddock; I'm thinking some documentation might be nice...

This at least *was* fairly trivial. ;-) [The only hard part being
figuring out how to manually run Haddock...]