[Haskell-cafe] Using unsafePerformIO safely

Hector Guilarte hectorg87 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 21:56:07 EDT 2009

Thanks for answering so fast.

Yes, GCL == Guarded Command Language... It is for an assigment I have in my
Languages and Machines Course.

About the nicer/Haskellier solution you proposed: If there is a way of
printing right in the moment the Interpreter finds the show instruction then
I don't think the teacher is gonna like this soluttion (I would bet on that)
so, can you (or somebody) explain a little bit better how would the ugly
solution be? As I said earlier, I'm no expert in monads, actually the truth
is that I know almost nothing about monads, so please, explain it to me as
if you are explaining it to a Monads newbie...

Also, can somebody explain me how would it be using the Writer Monad?
remember is for a Monads newbie...

Thanks a lot!

Hector Guilarte