[Haskell-cafe] Haskell on JVM

Greg Meredith lgreg.meredith at biosimilarity.com
Wed Jun 24 19:32:39 EDT 2009

Simon, et al,

It might be interesting to look at
CAL<http://labs.businessobjects.com/cal/>as a non-blank-slate
beginning for Haskell on the JVM. To my mind there are
three things that this needs to make it a real winner:

   - Much, much better Java interop. Basically, the bar to meet here is
   Scala/Java interop.
   - Better support for "std" Haskell syntax
      - and better support for some of the basic (semantic and syntactic)
      extensions
      - Figuring out what of Hackage it is reasonable to support

Best wishes,

--greg