[Haskell-cafe] Haskell on the iPhone

Karel Gardas karel.gardas at centrum.cz
Tue Jun 23 02:03:27 EDT 2009

Ryan Trinkle wrote:
> Rick,
>
> I know some work has been done on JVM - iirc, Don Stewart did some work back
> in the day, www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~pls/thesis/dons-thesis.ps.gz, but I'm not
> sure how comprehensive it is.
>
> Is anyone else interested in JVM-based Haskell targets?

Hello,

certainly I am. I think it would be great if someone might combine
Haskell code with what's already written in Java (i.e. all those app
servers or development environments). In the past I've given a try to
LambdaVM[1][2] and it looked like a sane approach to get there.
Unfortunately I'm not so power-haskell user to be able to update this
patch forward to more recent GHC. I've also submitted ticket for it[3].

Cheers,
Karel
[1]: http://wiki.brianweb.net/LambdaVM/LambdaVM
[2]: http://www.cs.rit.edu/~bja8464/lambdavm/