[Haskell-cafe] Optimizing spelling correction program

Eugene Kirpichov ekirpichov at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 05:03:43 EDT 2009

Hey, you're using String I/O!

nWORDS <- fmap (train . map B.pack . words) (readFile "big.txt")

This should be

WORDS <- fmap (train . B.words) (B.readFile "big.txt")

By the way, which exact file do you use as a misspellings file? The
corpus linked to at Norvig's page has many.
And do you have a driver program that I could run and obtain your timings?

Eugene Kirpichov
Web IR developer, market.yandex.ru