[Haskell-cafe] Using Parsec with ByteString ?

Fernand quarantedeux42 at yahoo.fr
Fri Jun 19 07:51:21 EDT 2009

Hi,

May be it's a frequently asked question, but I have been unable to find
my way in the parsec-3.0.0 library when trying to write a small parser
with Parsec that could work with ByteStrings. I mean, there is the
Text.Parsec.ByteString module which allows to parse a file using
ByteStrings,
but the parser one needs to write must parse ByteStrings instead of Strings
(that is, something like having a "Parsec Bytestring ()" type, unless I'm
completely misunderstanding the situation). My problem is that I do not
manage
to write primitive parsing combinators (like string, satisfy, letter,
etc.) to
define my language's tokens.

I'm surely missing some primitive somewhere (may be the
Text.Parsec.Prim.token,
though I do not really manage to use it).

Thanks in advance,

F.