[Haskell-cafe] curious about sum

Thomas Davie tom.davie at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 11:15:51 EDT 2009

On 17 Jun 2009, at 13:32, Yitzchak Gale wrote:

> Henk-Jan van Tuyl wrote:
>> reverse
>> maximum
>> minimum
>
> Oh yes, please fix those also!

import Prelude.Strict?

Honestly, these functions are ones that I've *deffinately* used lazy
versions of, in fact, in the cases of minimum/maximum I've even used
ones that are super-lazy and parallel using unamb.

It would be extremely odd to randomly decide "most people would want
this to be strict" based on no knowledge of what they're actually
doing.  Instead, why don't we stand by the fact that haskell is a lazy
language, and that the functions we get by default are lazy, and then
write a strict prelude as I suggest above to complement the lazy
version.

Bob