[Haskell-cafe] Running Hoogle as a cgi script.

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+hs at mega-nerd.com
Mon Jun 15 20:21:20 EDT 2009

Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:

> I'd like to run my own version of Hoogle:
>
>    http://hackage.haskell.org/package/hoogle
>
> as a CGI script much like this:
>
>    http://www.haskell.org/hoogle/
>
> but there doesn't seem to be any documentation on how to do this.

Neil Mitchell (the hoogle author) informed me that the hoogle binary
behaves like a CGI when the QUERY_STRING environment variable is set.

Another problem with hoogle as a CGI is that it writes a log file
to the current working directory which on Unix is probably not
world writable.

I'm working with Neil to make hoogle a little more Unix friendly :-).

Cheers,
Erik