[Haskell-cafe] graphical user interface library for editing graphs?

Malcolm Wallace Malcolm.Wallace at cs.york.ac.uk
Mon Jun 15 06:07:25 EDT 2009

Claude Heiland-Allen <claudiusmaximus at goto10.org> wrote:

> My question: can you suggest a library that would make implementing
> this  specification relatively painless?
> OpenGL-based would be preferable, as I would like to scale the graph
> under construction automatically to fit the display, and
> launchMissiles  will require something with fast rendering.

There was a Haskell-written graph editor in Dazzle, which the authors
kindly open-sourced, to become the rudimentary application Blobs:

The GUI is implemented in wxHaskell, graphs are saved as XML files.
Some of the code may have bit-rotted since the days of ghc-6.4.

As distributed, the functionality for doing things with the graph after
drawing it is (intentionally) rather limited, since many of the
potential backends are in fact closed-source.  However, the backend is
the part that is going to be different for every client of the library