[Haskell-cafe] Logo fun

Thomas ten Cate ttencate at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 05:59:57 EDT 2009

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 10:24, Ketil Malde<ketil at malde.org> wrote:
> Luke Palmer <lrpalmer at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Nice work, I love this one.  :-)
>
> Yes, very nice.
>
> I do find the lambda and > too fat, but I presume that's the way the
> Haskell logo looks. Also, I think the right edges of the thick part of
> the batteries should be aligned, so that the little "knob" on the +
> extends further than the flat end of the -.

For purely aestethic reasons, I agree, and that's how I originally did
it. But then I realized that this does not make sense. Open any
battery compartment and you'll see that the end of the knob on the +
side is aligned with the flat end of the ­– side. Moreover, in this
way the original width of the logo remains exactly the same. I'm not
sure if that really matters, though.

Thomas