[Haskell-cafe] Haskell - string to list isusses, and more

Gjuro Chensen daimaox at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 11:19:22 EDT 2009

Hello everyone!

Im a Haskell newbie, and Ive have few unanswered questions. For someone more
experienced (at least I think so) its a very simple task, but I just cant
get a grip on it and its pretty frustrating. It wouldn't be that bad if I
haven't browse thru bunch of pages and tutorials and still nothing...
The problem is: take a string, and if every words starts with uppercase
letter then print yes, else no.
Forum Text Bold -> yes
Frog image File -> no

Ive had my share of approaches to this, but I just cant make it work.
Standard one seemed the most simple:

search :: String -> String
search [] = []

and then use words (splits string on space) to split the string so I could
get a list and go through it recursively. But how to apply words to entered
string in this form?

To find the first letter I came up with: first = take 1 (head x). And
compare it with elem or ASCII values to determine if its upper case.

Any help, advice or suggestion is appreciated.

Thanks in advance!