[Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: hunp-0.0

Deniz Dogan deniz.a.m.dogan at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 14:56:25 EDT 2009

Inspired by the CLI utility "unp", which was nice but lacked some DWIM
functionality, I developed hunp (or hünp, but pronounced hump because
it's easier). It automagically calls the right "unpacker" program for
you and works on both files and directories:

$ hunp ~/download/something/
...finds ~/download/something/hello.r00 and calls "unrar x
~/download/something/hello.r00".

$ hunp ~/howdy.tar.gz
...calls "tar zxvf ~/howdy.tar.gz"

Get it from http://hackage.haskell.org/package/hunp
or from git://github.com/skorpan/hunp.git

Enjoy!

--
Deniz Dogan

PS. I was unable to find the thread on how to properly announce things