[Haskell-cafe] Haskell Meetup groups in Glasgow

Dougal Stanton ithika at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 06:33:24 EDT 2009

On Sat, Jun 13, 2009 at 5:09 AM, A Smith<asmith9983 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Do any Haskell Meetup groups exist in or around Glasgow, an informal
> get-to-gether in a pub,cafe or wherever ?
> I'm in Edinburgh, and on my own have been desperately trying to rewire my
> brain from Perl to Haskell without much success for most of this year. I
> posted  the meetup group question a few weeks ago for Edinburgh but got no
> response.

Sorry, I didn't see your Edinburgh message. I am also in Edinburgh and
though I don't know of any Haskell meet-ups I don't think it would be
hard to get critical mass for one. Edinburgh Uni teaches it to the
first years (AFAIK), Philip Wadler works here, and the ICFP and
Haskell Symposium are going to be held here later in the year. There
must be more than just the two of us! :-)

Dougal Stanton
dougal at dougalstanton.net // http://www.dougalstanton.net