[Haskell-cafe] install problems ...

Vasili I. Galchin vigalchin at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 00:50:37 EDT 2009

Hello,

  As I have said before I a, "cabalizing" Swish (a semantic web toolkit). I
have it built and have run most of the original author's tests by and they
pass. There are numerous warnings which seem to be either lack of a function
type signature or "unreferenced" symbols ... I will go through one-by-one
and clean these up. However, now I am getting the following install-time
errors .... any advice on how to track down will be greatly apprecriated
.... the following is the result of "cabal build -v":

Preprocessing executables for swish-0.2.1...
Building swish-0.2.1...
/usr/bin/ar: creating dist/build/libHSswish-0.2.1.a
Warning: output was redirected with -o, but no output will be generated
because there is no Main module.
Installing: /home/vigalchin/.cabal/lib/swish-0.2.1/ghc-6.8.2
Installing: /home/vigalchin/.cabal/bin
swish-0.2.1 failed during the final install step. The exception was:
dist/build/N3Parser/N3Parser: copyFile: does not exist (No such file or
directory)
vigalchin at ubuntu:~/FTP/Haskell/Swish-0.2.1$

Regards,

Vasili