[Haskell-cafe] Re: Building network package on Windows
iavor.diatchki at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 01:18:55 EDT 2009
OK, I think that I found and fixed the problem. As Thomas pointed
out, the configure script is not wrong. The problem turned out to be
the foreign import for "getnameinfo" (this was the missing symbol).
Attached to this e-mail should be a darcs patch that fixes the
On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 4:48 PM, Iavor Diatchki<iavor.diatchki at gmail.com> wrote:
> As Thomas pointed out, it is not clear if this is a bug, or if there
> is something confused between the different versions of Windows and
> MinGW (or I just did something wrong) but I'll make a ticket so that
> we can track the issue. I am by no means a Windows developer but I
> would be happy to try out fixes/ideas on my Windows machine as I think
> that it is important that we have as good support for Windows as we do
> on the various Unix-like systems.
> On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 1:23 PM, Bryan O'Sullivan<bos at serpentine.com> wrote:
>> On Sun, Jun 7, 2009 at 5:04 PM, Iavor Diatchki <iavor.diatchki at gmail.com>
>>> Here is an update, in case anyone else runs into the same problem.
>> Thanks for following up. I wrote the code that performs that check, but
>> unfortunately I don't have access to all of the permutations of Windows that
>> are out there, so my ability to test is rather limited. I'm sorry for the
>> trouble it caused you. Perhaps Vista Home Basic doesn't have IPv6 support?
>> If that conjecture is true, I'm not sure how I'd have found it out :-( More
>> likely, the name mangling is going wrong.
>> As for your point that the network package exhibits different APIs depending
>> on the underlying system, that's true, but it's hard to avoid. Writing a
>> compatibility API for systems that don't have functioning IPv6 APIs is a
>> chunk of boring work, and I had thought that such systems were rare.
>> Anyway, please do file a bug, and we'll take the discussion of how to
>> reproduce and fix your problem there.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 1337 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/haskell-cafe/attachments/20090609/7d6d0fe0/patch.obj
More information about the Haskell-Cafe