[Haskell-cafe] Re: Why do ghc-built binaries use timer_create?

Maurí­cio briqueabraque at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 8 17:10:31 EDT 2009

>     This comes from an issue in haskell-beginner, (...)
>
> For better or worse, this is something that people should not be trying
> in the first place, (...)

Sure! That's what I sugested in the original question. I'm actually
just curious on why timer_create is used at all. This is probably
just a small detail in program initialization, and maybe a link to
some description of what happens on program initialization (specially
ghc generated binaries) behind the naive user view would do it.

Thanks,
Maurício