[Haskell-cafe] Can't install chp (confused by cabal yet again)

Colin Paul Adams colin at colina.demon.co.uk
Sat Jun 6 10:00:56 EDT 2009

I tried a cabal install chp: It complained that base was hidden.

So I unpacked the archive, and tried installing using runhaskell
Setup configure/build/install. Now I get (from install):

Setup: You need to re-run the 'configure' command. The version of Cabal being
used has changed (was Cabal-1.6.0.3, now Cabal-1.6.0.2).

So I repeated the process and get the same message again.

ghc version is 6.10.3

Also:
cabal --version
cabal-install version 0.6.2
using version 1.6.0.2 of the Cabal library

Where does this 1-6.0.3 come from (Ghc HEAD perhaps?)? What can I do
about it?
--
Colin Adams
Preston Lancashire