[Haskell-cafe] Re: Haddock : parse error on input `{-# UNPACK'

Dominic Steinitz dominic at steinitz.org
Sat Jun 6 08:01:06 EDT 2009

Erik de Castro Lopo <mle+hs <at> mega-nerd.com> writes:

>   src/Data/Binary/Strict/IncrementalGet.hs:106:11:
>       parse error on input `{-# UNPACK'
>
> Is this a bug? Is there any way to work around it?

This is a haddock error and I presume a bug in haddock. I don't know whether
cabal installs things if haddock fails. You could do ghc-pkg list and see what's
there. If it didn't install then you can install "by hand":

1. Extract the sources and in that directory:
2. runghc Setup.lhs configure
3. runghc Setup.lhs build
4. runghc Setup.lhs install

You might want to do configure with --user - that's what cabal defaults to.

Dominic