[Haskell-cafe] web musing

Iavor Diatchki iavor.diatchki at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 17:42:47 EDT 2009

Hi Conor,
As someone pointed out, CGI is one way to go.
Another option is to write a small Haskell web server. This path is
better if you have an app that needs to keep state, ans uses the
browser mostly as a GUI.

I have just made a package that should make doing this fairly easy.  I
have not uploaded it to hackage yet because I want to make some small
changes still.  You can try out the "pre-release" from here (the usual
cabal steps should work for making a package/installing)

git clone git://code.galois.com/http-server.git

For an example, take a look in the "example" directory, there is a
small web-server there, which shows how to all kinds of things,
including ajax interactions with javascript using jQuery.  For
processing form data there is the module:
Network.HTTP.Server.HtmlForm.

Let me know if you have questions, comments, or other feed-back!
-Iavor