[Haskell-cafe] Re: Non Empty List?

Jeff Wheeler jeff at nokrev.com
Thu Jun 4 20:17:05 EDT 2009

On Fri, 2009-06-05 at 02:08 +0200, GüŸnther Schmidt wrote:

> As for the zipper: In some of the examples I've seen, the zipper is
> implemented "on top" of an underlying data structure, but not the data
> structure itself.
> In my app I was actually going to pull a zipper over it, once I had the
> underlying structure right.

I have a package on Hackage that implements a zipper-ish non-empty list
structure. PointedList [1] is a datatype composed of a list of items on
the left, the current item, and a list of items on the right.

Is that close to what you're looking for?

[1]
http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/pointedlist