[Haskell-cafe] cabalizing "legacy' source

Vasili I. Galchin vigalchin at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 00:58:22 EDT 2009

Hello,

    I have cabalizing some "legacy" Haskell source. By "legacy", I totally
don't mean in a pejorative sense ... code has been designed and written
well. I am making good progress ... I have succeeded in building an archive
file(library) on a POSIX platform, i.e. Linux. The original author intended
to build several executables from this .a file. In addition there are many
pairings of .hs/.lhs along with "main" test files. Currently I have only one
.cabal file. This is inadequate for the author's intent:

1) I need to build "n" test executables.

2) I need to build 1/2 CLI executables.

I need advice on the cabal front. E.g. should I first run the library .cabal
and then run several subsidary .cabal files, e.g. "n"test .cabals and also
1/2 CLI executable .cabals??? I am looking for advice so that I don't have a
clumsy cabal build process/tree!

Thanks, Vasili