[Haskell-cafe] Possible Haskell Project

S. Doaitse Swierstra doaitse at swierstra.net
Tue Jun 2 11:00:34 EDT 2009

The Dutch government has been trying to get something like this for
years; parliament is asking every new minister why the promised heaven
has not yet arrived, only to hear that more consultants are needed. I
have been to hearings of our parliament and I can tell you such events
are extremely informative and make you loose any hope that something
good will come out of this soon; there are just too many stakeholders,
and no so-called "problem-owner"s except you. Simple questions asked,
for which there often is no answer is:

  - who owns the information?
  - are you allowed to change information which you own?
  - should docters pay for the right to enter information in this
system, or be paid for the service they provide if they enter
information?

Instead of trying to change the world you may run a small wiki (I run
Twiki) server on your home machine where you just store the
information you collect, and enter your information while you are
having a consult through your iPhone! When you leave the room you ask
your docter whether what you have entered is a correct view of this
situation ;-}I think this will solve the major part of your problem,
and maybe it opens the eyes of the medical establishment.

  Doaitse Swierstra