[Haskell-cafe] gtksourceview link problem with leksah on windows

Bart De Vylder bartdevylder at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 04:59:08 EDT 2009

Dear Haskellers,

i'm having troubles linking Leksah against gtksourceview on windows (XP).
I've installed gtk2hs (using the windows installer) but am not sure
whether/where to specify the library search path for ld.
Here is the output I get:

C:\Documents and Settings\bartdv>cabal install leksah

Resolving dependencies...

Configuring leksah-0.6.1...

Preprocessing executables for leksah-0.6.1...

Building leksah-0.6.1...

[ 1 of 55] Compiling DeepSeq          ( src\DeepSeq.hs,
> dist\build\leksah\leksah-tmp\DeepSeq.o )

> [55 of 55] Compiling Main             ( src\Main.hs,
> dist\build\leksah\leksah-tmp\Main.o )

Linking dist\build\leksah\leksah.exe ...

C:\app\Haskell_Platform\2009.2.0.1\gcc-lib\ld.exe: cannot find
> -lgtksourceview-2.0

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

leksah-0.6.1 failed during the building phase. The exception was:

exit: ExitFailure 1

any help/ tips are very welcome, I'm eager to leave emacs...

Bart