[Haskell-cafe] Need feedback on my Haskell code

Chaddaï Fouché chaddai.fouche at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 09:40:38 EDT 2009

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 3:04 PM, CK Kashyap<ck_kashyap at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
> I managed to write up the line drawing function using the following links -
> http://www.cs.helsinki.fi/group/goa/mallinnus/lines/bresenh.html
> http://rosettacode.org/wiki/Bresenham%27s_line_algorithm#Haskell

I tried to simplify your function a little bit :

line :: Point -> Point -> [Point]
line pa@(xa,ya) pb@(xb,yb) = map maySwitch . unfoldr go $ (x1,y1,0)
  where
    steep = abs (yb - ya) > abs (xb - xa)
    maySwitch = if steep then (\(x,y) -> (y,x)) else id
    [(x1,y1),(x2,y2)] = sort [maySwitch pa, maySwitch pb]
    deltax = x2 - x1
    deltay = abs (y2 - y1)
    ystep = if y1 < y2 then 1 else -1
    go (xTemp, yTemp, error)
        | xTemp > x2 = Nothing
        | otherwise  = Just ((xTemp, yTemp), (xTemp + 1, newY, newError))
        where
          tempError = error + deltay
          (newY, newError) = if (2*tempError) >= deltax
                             then (yTemp+ystep,tempError-deltax)
                             else (yTemp,tempError)

I think it will be a bit better, tell me what you think ?

--
Jedaï