[Haskell-cafe] Implicit concatenation in list comprehensions

Roel van Dijk vandijk.roel at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 07:27:57 EDT 2009

I think the tuple sections are a great idea! It also makes tuple types
and constructors more alike:

x :: (,) String Double
x = (,) "Pi" 3.14159

I can also see some uses in writing pointfree code. I would definitely
want this in a future GHC (or any other Haskell compiler/interpreter)
release.

I'm not so sure about the list comprehension concatenation. Like
Thomas Schilling wrote, it is only a bit shorter then writing it with
the current syntax. So I'm not sure if it is worth the cost.