[Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: graphviz-2999.0.0.0

Zsolt Dollenstein zsol.zso.l at gmail.com
Sat Jul 18 15:48:36 EDT 2009

Hi,

On Sat, Jul 18, 2009 at 10:23 AM, Ivan Lazar Miljenovic <
ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am pleased to announce a new release of the graphviz package for
> Haskell, which provides bindings to the GraphViz [1] suite of tools.

Nice work!

As the way of defining an attribute for a specific grouping of

nodes/edges/subgraphs is to have them all listed after the attribute
> definition (whereas those beforehand do not have this attribute), the
> imperative nature of the Dot language does not allow us to split these
> statements up as we currently do.
>
> [3] http://graphviz.org/doc/info/lang.html
>
> As such, I'm asking which of the following two choices people would
> prefer:
>  1. Follow upstream so that it can fully parse a Dot graph
>  2. Keep it as it is, so that it is possible to consider all edges,
>     etc. easily.

I would vote for the second one since I think that is the most widely used
feature of this package.

Cheers,
Zsolt