[Haskell-cafe] is closing a class this easy?

Conor McBride conor at strictlypositive.org
Sat Jul 18 04:51:02 EDT 2009

On 18 Jul 2009, at 01:43, Lennart Augustsson wrote:

> As far as I know it works. It's an old Oleg trick.

Then it probably does work.

> The only drawback is that error messages may refer to Private.

As I found out when probing its security. "No instance for Moo.Private"
shows up. I guess that's what happens when you hide stuff: you get told
what stuff's being hidden. In some situations, that's insecure, but
here it's ok.

Cheers (and have fun in China, Lennart!)

Conor